Our broad and balanced curriculum has been designed to develop knowledgeable, confident and articulate young people who have the character to impress and compete. It places a high emphasis on literacy, numeracy and character formation across all areas of study and values depth of knowledge, articulate oracy, inquisitiveness and a commitment to developing oneself.
The principles at Barnet Hill Academy's curriculum offer are as follows:
- Excellent teaching delivered by teachers with a deep knowledge of and passion for their subject.
- High expectations at all times and a belief that all students can meet those expectations.
- A strong focus on academic achievement, knowledge and qualifications.
- Appropriate and bespoke support for students on the SEND and EAL list.
- An emphasis on morality, values and character education.